Income Tax

  1. Rates
  2. Worksheet
  3. Tax Planning
  4. Earned Income Credit
  5. Refunds


  • Short form 1040 with no itemized deductions (house) – $125
  • Long form 1040 includes Schedule A & B (itemized deductions, interest & dividends) – $185
  • Form 1040 with Schedule C (self-employed business) – $225
  • Schedule E (rental properties) – $100
  • Schedule D (capital stock transactions including gains and losses) – $100
  • Partnership returns – $600
  • S corporation returns – $600
  • Tax exempt 990 returns – $500


Download this worksheet and fill it out. Bring it with you to the appointment with items from the checklist below.

What you need to bring for personal returns:

  • W2’s (last pay stub does not qualify as a W2)
  • 1099R – Pension/Annuity/IRA Statements
  • 1098 – Mortgage Statements
  • Donations, Medical Expenses, all Gambling Statements (Winnings & Losses)
  • Real Estate Taxes Paid
  • 1099INT/DIV – Interest Earned and/or Dividends
  • 1099B Stocks bought & sold (basis needed)
  • Child Care Expenses including name, address and SS#/EIN# for provider
  • Education Expenses including 1098-T from college
  • Voided check for clients wishing to use Direct Deposit for their refunds
  • Any mailings marked with IMPORTANT TAX DOCUMENTS
  • Closing statement MUST be provided for all real estate transactions including purchases and sales of property and 1099S showing transaction
  • Any 1099SA forms from your HSA account

What you need to bring for business returns:

  • All income statements
  • Profit and loss statements
  • Business Expenses
  • Vehicle expenses and mileage
  • Major Asset purchases including date purchased and cost
  • Voided check for clients wishing to use Direct Deposit for their refunds

What you need to bring for rental income returns:

  • All monies received from rental properties divided by properties
  • Mortgage interest statements for properties
  • Real Estate taxes for properties
  • Expenses for properties by property
  • Major Asset purchases or major repairs/ maintenance

Note: If I did not prepare your previous tax return, please bring a copy with you to your appointment.


Tax Planning

To project next year’s taxes, its $45 an hour.


Earned Income Credit

For those of you who don’t think you have to file an income tax return, PLEASE E-mail me! You might lose out on money that the government gives you for having low income or a child in your home. Let me figure it out for you and I can let you know.



You can get your refunds direct deposited in your checking account or by a check in the mail.
You will get a check in the mail in about 6 weeks. With electronic filing, the money is deposited in your account in two weeks.